My element of 'Joy'


That day it rained heavily. My biggest worry was the problem of water logging which could delay my travel time to the railway station. Meanwhile by evening it had stopped. The moist air around brought some degrees decrease in the average temperature. I took my dinner and got off to sleep quickly. Somehow I felt the palpitation due to the early morning train the next day and the excitement of the leisure trip to Jaisalmer would keep me awake. I realised 'it' would not let me sleep. 'It' was allowing more electrical impulses into my heart and the ever increasing rhythm I could feel from outside.

I woke up early and 'it' helped me board my train on time. Soon the train left the cultural Old Delhi railway station and with every stoppage on the way slowly 'it' filled the train to its utmost capacity. Most of them had a journey till Jodhpur , very few like me wanted to go beyond the sand dunes. 'It' started to insert colours inside the train. Men wearing kurta, choga, angarkha, safa and juti made me feel so attracted to them that I did not realise a nice looking European lady was my co-passenger. She was constantly staring at her kindle and I stared at her when I realised 'it' did all of it. Michelle was completing her Rajasthan trip on her last lap to Jaisalmer- she candidly explained when I had intervened in her personal space. Namkeen wala popped inside to sell his stuff and she had insisted to offer him 100 rupees for his 40 rupees packet with an utmost faith-which was visible in her brown eyes. Since that was my solo trip 'it' kept me interested with every nuances on the way. Bleats of  Goats people were carrying in the train made her inquisitive. Since people did not know her language, I posed as an interpreter.

An alien land welcomed me and so to her. I knew it was Jaisalmer but I wanted to be somewhere else where 'it' wanted me to land up on. I did not want to miss the action but I promised 'it' -definitely the next time. Suryagarh Palace Hotel was an exciting point of stay and Michelle accompanied me till we knew we were in the same Hotel.

'It' as usual woke me up early and I treaded off to have a glimpse of the city. The scorching sun and the dry air soon had a jaded me resting on the luxurious bed of the room. It wasn't easy for Michelle either to enjoy the pristine beauty all at a time. She complained me of her tanned skin and god knows what all- I simply ignored all of them except when she mentioned 'it' was everywhere and then I started to connect with her slowly. I wanted to visualise a dream of a place where 'it' wanted me to go off to. That night screened exactly as per my wish-A busy city in a black and white, hustle bustle of the early morning torments, a whistling iron bridge on the Ganges, yellow taxis plying with their windows open, shining tracks embedded on the road, over packed buses and the crowded fish markets-all of had people in them and 'it' jolted me to realise where I was. It was still the same hotel, same room and the same place but that was a hint which would take me to another alien land-the city of Joy, Kolkata. 'It' was 'Joy' which kept me alive in that trip and invigorated me to pursue another.

My element of 'Joy' was a staggering decision I took to pursue that solo trip which in turn had paved a way for another. Companion and adversities are complementary to each other. Adversities eases off when companion is there, so lets have a joyful companion who would take you to your own city of joy. I am sure you will find one.

Till we meet there.
Rajesh
23 April 2017



 

Comments

  1. Very nice and relatable... Keep touching our lives through your writings. Till we meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and relatable... Keep touching our lives through your writings. Till we meet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

एक भीनी शाम ! Ek Bheeni Shaam... Part 1